|Update on goals (about 20% success overall)
||[Sep. 13th, 2012|09:15 am]
http://irgth.livejournal.com/74682.htmlThis is an update on |
1. Improve skills as a RoR dev - made some progress (and have expanded to Sinatra, EventMachine, and even a little bit of Java). I'd say I achieved about 15% of this goal.
2. Actually race. Didn't happen. I signed up for one race (341 challenge), but it was cancelled. There were no other interesting races that my car/me qualified for. 0%.
3. Get in shape. Nope. Gained 5 pounds, and probably lost a bit of muscle. -10%
4. Photography. Nope. 0%.
5. Piano/Music. I did buy a Clarineo (should've bought a regular clarinet) and a Keyboard. I've been playing about 15-30 minutes a day for the last month or so. Currently, I'm working on writing a very simple, short song (that I can actually play...) that I should record soon. 5%.
6. Maid. I can afford it, but none of the maid services will do all the things I want done (clean the cat box, windows, dishes, laundry). 0%.
7. Debt. Other than my mortgage, I have less than $6K left to pay off. I should have that taken care of by November or December. 80%
8. Side Business. Nope. Had to suspend my side business, due to the company I work for being acquired, and the new owners having very strict limitations on outside work. -1%
9. Raise. Significant raise after the acquisition. The new owner has a different schedule for annual performance reviews. Mine was just completed, and despite a glowing review and increased demand for my skills, my raise was small. 90%